Student Health at Oxford Brookes
Students wishing to register must reside within our practice area.
Appointments (Tel: 01865 483193)
During semester there is at least one doctor available in rotation for booked appointments in the Oxford Brookes Medical Centre every morning and afternoon .
We also offer shorter telephone consultations at the end of each surgery – please ask reception if you would prefer this.
Practice Nurse Drop-In Service (Tel: 01865 483193)
In addition to the 10-minute bookable doctor and nurse appointments at our Oxford Brookes University Medical Centre, we offer students the option of a nurse drop-in service between 0830 and 1200 hours. There is no drop-in service at St. Bartholomew’s Medical Centre.
Practice Nurses Provide a Wide Range of Services:
- Protocol-led minor illness management. Such as treatment for acute tonsillitis, cystitis (bladder infection), thrush.
- First aid.
- Sexual health advice.
- Contraception advice. Nurses can also prescribe the oral contraceptive pills but only if they have been prescribed by a doctor here.
- Emergency contraception.
- General advice on sports injuries.
- Travel advice and vaccination.
- Help with stress and anxiety.
- Cervical smears.
- Smoking cessation advice and prescribing is done by our practice nurses.
Medical Certificates for Exams
The practice will not issue retrospective certificates for exams or missed deadlines, for patients who did not consult when they were unwell. Students must see their Tutor.
Change of Address
Please notify us immediately of any change of address or telephone number. This prevents problems when sending you letters, making hospital appointments or home visiting.
Regulations also allow NHS England, using TVPCA ,to check your registration, and having written to you, if they do not receive a reply they will remove you from our list as ‘Gone Away’. If you are a student at Brookes, please note that you MUST notify the Medical Centre of your new address, as the University does not pass on that information.